This project received a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, which awards money raised by National Lottery players to projects that conserve historic buildings, landmarks and monuments so that generations to come can enjoy and learn from them.
Every year, Lottery funding is used to repair and transform a wide variety of buildings that people want to keep and hand on to future generations. In many cases the preservation of these historic buildings can mean that the community benefits much more than just having a lovely place to visit. For example, increased tourism can mean that the local economy and job opportunities in the area also flourish.
In addition to buildings, the Heritage Lottery Fund also supports the conservation of structures including monuments and war memorials. These projects help people look after and learn from their local monuments and memorials and help to commemorate our heritage of invention, courage, sacrifice and conflict.
For more information about funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund visit www.hlf.org.uk
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- @stop_hannahtime @TNLUK Thank you for working with us Hannah! What great pics of some fab heritage 👍
- Find out which UK heritage organisations succeeded in fundraising a #NationalLottery funded #Catalyst Endowment:… t.co/wISXvSXvmI
- Free entry & special offers at visitor attractions across the UK this December with a #NationalLottery ticket or sc… t.co/l7Y05M2aKz
- We're taking part in #Thankstoyou by opening our doors for FREE to all #NationalLottery players from 3-9 December.… t.co/ZNT3E7BJXv
- Free entry for #NationalLottery players on 5, 6 & 7 Dec to say #ThanksToYou for making our @heritagelottery project… t.co/OJu07HEAWK